Fire Prevention - Fire Clean up Near Me
"It’s always good to find out you’re going to be working from home…
Unless you’re a firefighter."
According to the National Fire Protection Association (http://www.nfpa.org/news-and-research/fire-statistics-and-reports/fire-statistics/fires-in-the-us), in 2015, there were 500,000+ structure fires causing $10+ billion in property damage! Structure fires were reported every 63 seconds!
Here are a few tips to prevent a fire at your Federal Way home or property, provided by the American Red Cross (http://www.redcross.org/get-help/prepare-for-emergencies/types-of-emergencies/fire/home-fire-preparedness):
- Keep items that can catch on fire at least three feet away from anything that gets hot, such as space heaters.
- Talk to children regularly about the dangers of fire, matches and lighters and keep them out of reach.
- Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room or go to sleep.
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home and outside every sleeping area. Also, install a carbon monoxide alarm in a central location outside each separate sleeping area.
- Check electrical wiring in your home.
- Avoid overloading outlets or extension cords.
- Make sure wiring is not under rugs, attached by nails, or in high traffic areas.
Have you checked your home or property for fire hazards recently? Have you had conversations with your family about what you would do in a fire emergency? What is your plan if a fire impacts your home?
SERVPRO of Rapid City specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire or smoke damage event and can help you get back on track after an incident.