The Importance of Acting Quickly after a Disaster
SERVPRO of Rapid City is available 24/7/365 for all your disaster needs.
When a disaster strikes, it is imperative to respond quickly in order to prevent further damages and complications. Fires, mold infestations and floods from broken pipes, overflows or heavy storms – all such disasters must be dealt with in a timely manner. If not handled immediately you could experience on or more of these issues:
- If water-damaged structures and contents are not dried out quickly and correctly, potential health risks can develop. Mold can begin to grow within the first 24 to 48 hours after the disaster.
- Excessive water can cause: rusting in metals, corrosion in electronic components, cracking, splitting or warping of furniture items, color bleeding or transfer in fabrics, furniture stains and secondary damage to upholstery, drapery, clothing, wallpaper, photos and papers.
- Fire or smoke damaged properties can also experience irreversible damage, regardless of the size of the fire. Soot residue is highly acidic and can pit or corrode the metal in doorknobs, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, etc. It can also etch glass in windows, mirrors and cabinets, causing them to look soiled and cloudy. Moreover, plastics, appliances, fabrics and vinyl windows can become discolored.
- The safety and security of the home can be compromised. Windows and doors may become weak and function improperly, wet materials may collapse and electrical installations and components can be a health hazard when they come in contact with water. Slips and falls are also potential dangers.
If you’re not sure how to act after experiencing water, fire or mold problems in your home or business, contact SERVPRO of Rapid City at 605-388-3000. We have a team of restoration professionals ready 24/7/365 to help you.
When Storms or Floods hit, SERVPRO of Rapid City is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage.
SERVPRO of Rapid City specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit the Black Hills, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of over 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 605-388-3000
Winter Cleanup and Restoration
Damage from Cold Weather or Winter Storm?
In Western South Dakota, cold weather, snow, and ice storms can cause severe damage to your home or business. When these types of disasters strike, immediate action is necessary to prevent additional damage to your property. SERVPRO of Rapid City has the winter storm experience, expertise, and the resources to remediate damage caused by winter weather.
SERVPRO of Rapid City Professionals
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Service
- Highly Trained Winter Storm Restoration Specialists
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
Extreme cold weather can cause pipes to freeze and burst. In general, pipes are more likely to freeze when the temperature is below 20 degrees Fahrenheit. The resulting water damage can be extensive. Outdoor pipes and pipes in unheated areas of the home can freeze if they are not properly insulated or if temperatures are severely cold. SERVPRO of Rapid City can quickly and safely repair water damage caused by frozen pipes.
Pipes in unheated or partially heated areas are also at risk of freezing, including:
- Crawl spaces
An ice dam is formed when snow melts unevenly on a roof and refreezes into a dam at the edge of the roof, near the eaves. This dam prevents any further snowmelt from draining off of the roof. This standing water can back up under shingles, leak into a home, and cause significant water damage to ceilings, walls, and other areas. Ice dams can also tear off gutters and loosen shingles.
Snow and ice can cause significant damage to your gutters and roof. The additional weight of snow and ice can even cause a roof to collapse. When there’s a cold snap, water can get into cracks and small spaces and expand when it freezes, causing larger cracks and more damage. The repetition of freezing and thawing cycles can cause small cracks to get larger.
Why Choose a SERVPRO of Rapid City?
- We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster. SERVPRO of Rapid City is dedicated to responding immediately to water emergencies. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
- We're Highly Trained Water Damage Specialists. SERVPRO of Rapid City specializes in water damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have extensive water damage restoration training that helps you get back to normal more quickly.
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technicians
Regardless of the Winter Storm, We Can Help! Give us a call at 605-388-3000!