Recent Community Posts
The Esporta clean makes it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Rapid City is uses The Esporta® Wash System!
Our Esporta is much more than a washing machine, the Esporta® Wash System can restore items that have been severely damaged by water, smoke, soot, mold, or bio-waste. Not only can it restore them to usable quality, but it can remove up to 99% of contaminants (that is equal to food grade quality).
Here is why it's important for you to know WHERE & HOW your content is being cleaned & restored.
- Your content will be cleaned by the latest technology - not harsh dry-cleaning methods or out of date equipment & methods. The computer determines what is needed based on content.
- The Esporta will hold up to at least 6 standard loads of laundry, with room to spare.
- Your content will be inventoried and cataloged for more expedited claim process.
- Your content is stored in a safe, controlled environment.
- You will have emergency laundry cleaned and returned quickly.
What is the Esporta capable of cleaning?
What can we restore with this technology?
- Household goods (comforters, plush toys)
- Laundry items (clothing, uniforms)
- Leather items (shoes, bags)
- Special goods
- Sports Equipment & Sporting Goods - Hockey, Football, Lacrosse (pads, helmets, gloves, etc...), tents, sleeping bags, and much more.
- Horse saddles
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Is this system gentle enough to handle soft contents while still achieving 99% cleanliness?
The Esporta® Wash System utilizes a unique cleaning process in which it holds objects stationary and passes them through the water and specialized cleaning agents. This ensures that items do not receive significant wear and tear as they go through the restoration process.
SERVPRO is always looking to restore your property rather than replace it, and the Esporta® System is an incredible way to do that. This machine is in our Rapid City office, and items can either be dropped off at this location, or you can have us pick them up.
Call us at 605-388-3000 for more information and try out the Esporta® Wash System today!
LET'S TALK TURKEY SAFETY!
Turkey Day (aka - Thanksgiving) is right around the corner and it is that time of the year again when family and friends come together for a feast. There are several ways to cook a turkey, but a favorite among some is deep fried. Unfortunately, we have all seen the videos (https://youtu.be/tSI79ZftCpU) that end in a fiery ball of poultry. If you plan on deep frying a turkey this year, please keep the following tips in mind.
- Thaw and Dry turkey completely before cooking.
- Thaw the turkey in the refrigerator approximately 24 hours for every 5 pounds, according to The National Turkey Federation (http://www.eatturkey.com/).
- Ice or water that mixes can cause flare-ups
- Fryer Setup
- Use fryer OUTDOORS and away from decks, garages, home, and other structures.
- Keep children and pets away from the fryer.
- Use on a flat surface to avoid accidental tipping. Make sure the tank and burner are at least 2+ feet apart.
- Measure the Oil
- Avoid overfilling by reading the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Be Prepared (SAFETY FIRST!)
- Use oven mitts to protect hands and/or arms.
- Safety goggles to protect eyes
- Have a grease-rated fire extinguisher nearby and ready.
- Finishing Act
- Remove pot from burner and place on a level surface.
- Allow oil to cool overnight before disposing of oil in a sealed container.
Most importantly, NEVER LEAVE FRYERS UNATTENDED!! Please be careful this holiday season and share these tips with your friends and family that enjoy fried turkey.
If you do become a victim of a deep-fryer fire, SERVPRO® of Rapid City is here to help. We are available 24/7/365 days a year @ 605-388-3000.
SERVPRO® of Rapid City would like everyone to have a safe holiday season with their family and friends.
The 10th Annual Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival
Hope to see you at this year's Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival!
Downtown Rapid City's biggest festival, The Great Downtown Pumpkin Festival, returns for the 10th year. This year's event is scheduled for September 29th, from 9AM to 5PM in the downtown area! Come to see all the fun activities in Main Street Square, along Sixth St., and Memorial Park. This event is a day full of fall fun including a pumpkin catapult (also known as punkin chunkin), giant pumpkin weigh-off, downtown pub crawl, Regional Health and Scull Construction Kidz Zone, pony rides, vendors and more. Last year's giant pumpkin winner weighed in at almost 1,000 pounds!! We hope to see everyone at this awesome event with fun for the whole family and remember to give us a call 24/7/365 for all your fire & water restoration needs.
September is National Preparedness Month - 2018
Go to www.ready.gov for more information about how to plan for disasters!
September is National Preparedness Month! During this month we urge everyone to take the time to learn lifesaving skills − such as CPR and first aid, check your insurance policies and coverage for the hazards you may face, such as flood, earthquakes, and tornadoes. Make sure to consider the costs associated with disasters and save for an emergency. Also, know how to take practical safety steps like shutting off water and gas.
The devastating hurricanes and wildfires of 2017 & now again in 2018 reminded the nation of the importance of preparing for disasters. Often, we will be the first ones in our communities to take action after a disaster strikes and before first responders arrive, so it is important to prepare in advance to help yourself and your community.
SERVPRO of Rapid City would like to say "Thank You" to all those first responders and everyone involved when disasters strike. We are available 24/7 - 365 @ 605-388-3000 if you have a water or fire disaster in your home or business.